Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Running in the wind

I did not get to run last Saturday because we were out of town and then this morning a major cold front blew through Houston bringing gale force winds and torrential rainfall.  This afternoon my body was aching to run!  It was 35 degrees and incredibly windy, but I had a great evening run!  I decided to just do 3.1 miles and I ran it in 28 minutes!  A new record!  There were points in my run that I thought I wasn't moving at all because the wind was blowing so strong, but when I stopped my watch at the end I was very excited to see my time!  I am not sure what the rest of my week holds for running because the weather is supposed to be bad and we are headed out of town again, but I am hoping to be able to get a couple of more runs in.

No comments:

Post a Comment