Thursday, July 21, 2011

1/2 Marathon Training

Since I started running, I have had a huge desire to run a half marathon.  A marathon has always seemed completely overwhelming to me being a mom of 3 and back in school.  I feel I just do not have the time to be able to commit to the training, but a half marathon would be doable.  I still have never found enough motivation to sign up for one until I heard my sister wanted to do one.  So now I am training for a half marathon in San Antonio in October.  I am in my third week of training and it has been great so far.  I have an easy run on Tuesdays, a tempo or hill run on Thursdays, and a long run on Saturdays.  This morning I did a 4 mile tempo run and it was rough!  The most I have ever run in one day is 5 miles, so doing 4 miles at a tempo pace was not easy.  I thought I wasn't going to last the last 10 minutes of the run, but somehow I made my legs keep moving.  I feel stronger than I have ever felt as a runner and I am really looking forward to running with my sister! 

No comments:

Post a Comment